University Assistant M.Eng.
Andrea Binn is a researcher and lecturer at the Research Division Cartography. She received her BA Degree in Cartography and Geomedia and a Master’s Degree (M.Eng.) in Geomatics from the Munich University of Applied Sciences in 2015. As a freelance Cartographer, Andrea developed spatio-visual concepts and designs in the fields of Environmental Science, Music, and Psychology. In her research, she works on the effects of emotional valence and arousal on spatio-visual information processing.
Emotion and cognition, visual communication of climate change and natural hazard risks, cartographic design.
- VU 120.119 — Spatial Visualization
- VU 127.026 — Applied Cartography
- VU 127.107 — Applied Cartography and GIS
- VU 120.106 — Geodetic and Cartographic Fundaments for Spatial Planning
- PR 120.001 — Integrative Project
Projects at the Research Unit Cartography
- DigiGeo – Transferring contact, technology- and field-based education to digital: methods and tools for geosciences training
- LBS2ITS – Curricula Enrichment delivered through the Application of Location-based Services to Intelligent Transport Systems