University Assistant M.Eng.
Andrea Binn is a researcher and lecturer at the Research Unit Cartography. She received her BA Degree in Cartography and Geomedia and a Master’s Degree (M.Eng.) in Geomatics from the Munich University of Applied Sciences in 2015. As a freelance Cartographer, Andrea developed spatial-visual concepts and designs in the fields of Environmental Science, Music, and Psychology. In her research, she works on the effects of emotion on spatial-visual information processing.
Emotion and cognition, visual communication of climate change and natural hazard risks, cartographic art and design.
- VU 120.119 — Spatial Visualization
- VU 127.026 — Applied Cartography
- VU 127.107 — Applied Cartography and GIS
- VU 120.106 — Geodetic and Cartographic Fundaments for Spatial Planning
Projects at the Research Unit Cartography
EU-funded Erasmus+ projects:
- Shape2Gether – Shaping innovations in education for sustainable development: contextualizing geosciences, new technologies, and serious games with climate change (2023-2026)
- LBS2ITS – Curricula Enrichment delivered through the Application of Location-based Services to Intelligent Transport Systems (2021-2024)
- DigiGeo – Transferring contact, technology- and field-based education to digital: methods and tools for geosciences training (2021-2023)