Senior Lecturer Dipl.-Ing. Dr.
Florian Ledermann is a researcher and lecturer at the Research Group Cartography. He received his Dipl.-Ing. (≙MSc.) degree in 2004 and his Dr.techn. (≙PhD) degree at TU Wien in 2022. Florian has previous research experience in the fields of augmented reality and information visualization. As a freelance web developer, Florian implemented award-winning web applications for several institutions and projects before joining the Research Group Cartography in 2014.
My publications in TU Wien ReposiTUm
(some older publications may be found in the old TU Wien publications database)
- Henry Johns Award, 2022 (British Cartographic Society, most outstanding paper of the year in the “Cartographic Journal”) for paper “The Effect of Display Pixel Density on the Minimum Legible Size of Fundamental Cartographic Symbols”
- Best Paper Award, GI_Forum, 2018 (category “Best student paper”) for paper “Analysing Digital Maps Online: A Reverse Engineering Approach”
- Best Teaching Award, TU Wien, 2017 (category “Best lecture of the faculty”) for Lecture+Lab “Web Mapping”
- 1st prize, International Cartographic Exhibition 2017 (category “Educational Products”) for project “genderATlas”
- Best of Google Maps 2008 for project “Senghor on the Rocks”
- AT Award 1999 (category “Online Games”) for map-based online game “Netcaptn”
Projects and Software at the Research Group Cartography
- stimsrv — A system for distributed user studies and behavioral experiments
- genderatlas.at — Online atlas on gender equality for Austria
Interactive cartography, web cartography, cartographic symbology, information visualization, usability & user experience
One Reply to “Florian Ledermann”
Comments are closed.